Holy Cross Lutheran School is accredited by the FL-GA District Advisory Council for Lutheran Schools through the Task Force on School Accreditation. The school was first accredited by this agency in 1978 and has been reaccredited continuously since that date, each time following a year-long, self-evaluation and study. Our most recent visit was completed in the Spring of 2013 and the visiting team recommended that Holy Cross Lutheran School be granted complete accreditation by the FL-GA District and the National Lutheran School Accreditation Commission.
NLSA STANDARDS FOR ACCREDITED SCHOOLS
• The school is mission driven
• The school demonstrates its Christian mission through relationships with congregations, community, staff, students and families.
• The school is governed and administered according to written policy.
• A qualified and competent staff serves the school.
• The school has written curriculum that integrates the Christian faith and is supported by appropriate materials and resources.
• Christian teachers facilitate student learning to achieve the planned outcomes of the school’s curriculum.
• The school plans for and provides resources and activities for students beyond the standard classroom instruction.
• The school maintains a safe and healthy learning environment.
• All buildings, grounds and equipment support student learning and conform fully with applicable laws and building codes.
• The school has a financial plan to accomplish its mission.
• Evaluation tools and processes are used to define success and plan for continued school improvement.
More than 250 specific indicators (practices and documentation) quantify a school’s compliance with standards defined by National Lutheran School Accreditation.