All students are eligible for free lunch, but the following policies must be adhered to:
- Students must order lunch in the morning. They may select the hot entree, the sandwich of the day or SBJ (Sunflower Butter and Jelly, an allergy-safe alternative to Peanut Butter and Jelly).
- A menu is sent home monthly and is also posted on the school web site and Renweb.
- If you child does not like the lunch selection, please send lunch from home. The school day is too long for a student to go without eating lunch. Please send lunch with your child in the morning. Fast food lunches may not be brought into school.
- Students may bring additional items or drinks from home if desired, however, soda, candy, gum, hot chips of any kind and glass containers are not permitted at any time.
- All students must take a milk selection unless we have documentation on file of a milk allergy. Not liking milk is not an acceptable reason. Milk is a requirement of the National School Lunch Program.Students who do not want to drink their milk may place it on the “Share Table” and other students may take a 2nd milk from this table if they are available. Water is available for students in the cafeteria.
- 1% White Milk / or Soy
- Middle School Students(5th thru 8th Grade): Can pre-order a Salad of the day.
- Mondays thru Friday=Chef Salad
- Wednesday = Egg Salad
Daily Sandwich Selection:
- Monday and Friday – Ham or SBJ
- Tuesday and Thursday – Turkey of SBJ
- Wednesday – Egg Salad or SBJ
Vegetable/ Fruit group:
- One item, selection will vary daily: Corn, carrots and celery with dip, broccoli, apple sauce, watermelon, grapes, banana, green beans, apple wedges, French fries, Tator tots, chips, Carrot stick, or cucumber slices.
- One item, selection will vary daily: Rice Krispy treat, ice cream cup, chocolate chip cookie, cake , apple pie, fresh fruit
- Choice of the following: 1%white , Skim chocolate milk or Strawberry
- Ranch, Italian and French salad dressings are available
- Baked Potato toppings include chili, cheese, sour cream, butter, broccoli, black olives
- Taco toppings include salsa, sour cream, lettuce, tomato
- Mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard are available when needed
- If your child cannot eat pork or has any food allergies, please make sure that your child and his/her teacher are informed.
Last minute substitutions may be made due to unforeseen situations
To file a complaint of discrimination: WRITE: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Ave, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 CALL: 800-795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TTY).
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.