Holy Cross Lutheran School is an extension of the ministry of Holy Cross Lutheran Church. The school exists to provide a quality Christian education through the teaching of a complete basic curriculum and the Christian faith.
Holy Cross believes that God has made us His children and heirs through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. As heirs of God we are now free to live new lives in Christ. Holy Cross Lutheran School exists to describe and demonstrate this new life in Christ to the students, parents, and community we serve. We believe that God’s word, the bible, is the guideline for sharing what new life in Christ means to those that we serve.
At Holy Cross Lutheran School we desire to:
- Bring each child to know and love his Savior, Jesus Christ, through religious instruction, and an atmosphere of Christian discipline and love.
- Provide a total education for God’s children by meeting their spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional, and social needs.
- Maintain close contact with parents/guardians in respect to student progress and behavior.
- Encourage parents/guardians to develop a closer relationship in their families with their Lord and Savior.
- Provide a well trained faculty and staff that teaches all basic curriculum areas while maintaining high standards of student achievement, and superior quality in instruction.
- Encourage students to become creative and innovative problem- solvers in preparing them to deal with everyday life.
Holy Cross Lutheran School is committed to helping each child of God develop their God-given abilities through a quality Christian education in a loving, Christ-like environment, and to share God’s Good News of salvation with those whom we serve.
The Child in Relationship to God:
The children will develop..
…a growing knowledge of the Triune God
…a realization that sin destroys ones relationship with God
…trust in Jesus Christ as a Savior from sin, and as the only way that a proper relationship with God can be restored
…an understanding of the role of the Holy Spirit in nurturing faith through the Word and sacraments.
…a worshipful and sanctified life in response to the grace of a loving God.
The Child in Relationship to self:
The child will develop…
…the knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors necessary to function as a child of God.
…an attitude of self-worth as a child of God who has been saved by the sacrifice of Christ Jesus.
…an understanding of his physical body, and as a result accepts responsibility for its health and safety .
…academic skills appropriate to his grade level.
…the Christian social skills needed to live competently and creatively.
…an understanding of the emotional aspects and needs that are a part of life.
…an appreciation of the fine arts, and the ability to express them self aesthetically through the arts.
…a saving faith relationship with God.
The Child in Relationship to Others:
The child will develop…
…a recognition that all people are children of God, and deserving of love, respect, and courtesy.
…a consideration for the rights of others.
…a concern for the spiritual and material welfare of all people.
…an appreciation for the cultural variety which God has given us.
…a respect for parents, teachers, and others to whom God has given the responsibility of teaching a Christian lifestyle.
…a respect for those local, state, and national governments that have been placed in authority over us.
…the knowledge and communication skills necessary to communicate clearly and effectively orally, and in writing.
…the ability to work cooperatively with others on common tasks.
The motto of Holy Cross Lutheran School is “Learning with His Love and Care”
MISSION STATEMENT OF HOLY CROSS LUTHERAN CHURCH
Holy Cross Lutheran Church is a family that proclaims Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior through love, worship, education, and service to all people.
MISSION STATEMENT OF HOLY CROSS LUTHERAN SCHOOL
“Holy Cross encourages academic excellence and a strong foundation in Christian Faith through teaching and nurturing in partnership with students, staff, parents and community”
- We believe little children should grow in love and faith in their Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that every child is important and needs to feel that he has God-given worth as a person.
- We believe that every child is an individual and has individual needs and God-given abilities.
- We believe that each child should be able to progress at her own rate to produce quality work at his or her individual achievement level.
- We believe that the Christian environment is an important factor in the learning process.
- We believe that the parents should be involved in the educational program of the child.
- We believe that little children should develop fluency in language, continue to be curious, be exposed to beauty, and continue to be creative.
- We believe young children need time to explore and discover their world in childlike fashion.